Friday, August 16, 2013

They Call Me Mama

Friday, August 16, 2013



And can I just say that I totally love it!

Not sure how my two oldest girls came to call me "mama" as opposed to "mom, mommy, etc." like the others (I don't get called "etc" by the others, promise ;))

When they call me that my mind wanders to the memories of hearing my mom call my grandma "mama". My grandma, who has gone on to be with Jesus, was a kind soul, who loved her family something fierce. She was an incredible hard worker, who rarely, if ever, sat idle, for even when she was sitting she was crocheting an afghan for someone.  Whenever I read Proverbs 31:27 that says "She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness."  I think of my grandma, that verse fits her perfectly. 

I strive be the "Proverbs 31" woman and fall short greatly in spite of the wonderful examples that have been set before me in both of my grandmothers and my own mom. So for a moment when my daughters call me "mama", not only do I feel all nostalgic but in a way I feel like maybe, just maybe a little bit of my grandma is coming out in me and maybe I am a step closer to being the "Proverbs 31" woman that I long to be. 






Linking up to Casey..check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...